The Beginning of Machiavellian Thought
The origins of Psychological Warfare
…you don’t have to be Sun freakin’ Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.
Many of the origins of psychological manipulation originate from books like Sun Tsu’s Art of War and Niccolo Machiavelli’s The Prince.
Originally written in Italian instead of the aristocratic Latin, The Prince caused quite a stir for it’s cynical, often brutal advice on how a new ruler, “the prince” is to be successful in setting up his new republic. It requires the new prince to be an outstanding and outspoken public figure who secretly does everything necessary to further the goals of his rule.
The term “Machiavellian” was coined to describe using cunning and often deceitful practices in politics. It’s also used to describe a brilliantly conceived and executed plan.
So what’s so wrong about getting what you want? Why is it so bad to figure out an advantage and take it? People in today’s society are soft. We look to other races and cultures for scapegoats for why we never accomplish anything.
The time is now to stop blaming others for the problems in our lives and start living a much higher life. Once you’ve read through some Machiavelli, it’s difficult to go back to that weak person. The term “Machiavellian” survives today because it made that much of an imprint on the world. It’s not a bad thing to do things deliberately. In fact, if you are stumbling through life, lost and confused like the rest of the planet, there is only one thing you can do at this moment: start learning psychology and Machiavelli.
It’s an amazing feeling when all the puzzle pieces fall into place…
- How to lie effectively We all lie, yet we think that it’s wrong to deceive. The difference is when we lie destructively or for no reason. Learn that sometimes lying is the only option. Don’t you want to be good at it when the time comes?
- Learn Neurolinguistic Programming NLP is an amazing way to “reframe your life.” Learn how to talk to the brain in a way that really sinks in.
- Manipulating thought People make up their minds and will hold on to that idea forever. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a way to get someone to re-examine their beliefs?
- Emotional blackmail Mom’s are masters at using this to get you to clean your room. Find out ways to use someone’s emotions to get them to act.
- Turning on an enemy Wouldn’t it be great to learn how to get people on your side?
- Collecting information There are good ways of getting the information you need on someone or something and then there are the bad ones…
- Influence Tactics Find out how to influence all the people in your world. Once you can master influence, the world is yours!
- Reverse Psychology Machiavelli would be proud of your new skills in reverse psychology. Never let people know what you are really after.
- The Art of War Sun Tzu’s taught us all about how to control our enemies to the point where they are simply unwilling to even go into battle. Learn how using this brilliant information can help you to get ahead without conflict.